Re: ODBC " character issue

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:50:29 +0200

On 15 Sep 2006 11:56:27 -0700, soalvajavab1_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>Thanks Sybrand, you are right, I try that and if the names and columns
>are uppercase then ODBC behave fine
>now my next question is, I already have bunch of tables in MS Access
>which are not Uppercase and I need to tranfer them to Oracle without
>the extra " charachter. Any thought to make all those tables and
>columns uppercase at once or any other solution? Thanks again

Could probably be arranged by coding it in Access Basic (or whatever it is called now) using DAO (or whatever it is called now), but my Access Basic is really rusty.
On the Oracle side you'll probably can use dbms_redefinition, but I have never had to use that myself.

Please do not top post.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA