Re: ODBC " character issue

From: Vince <vinnyop_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2006 14:25:58 -0700

Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> On 15 Sep 2006 11:56:27 -0700, soalvajavab1_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >Thanks Sybrand, you are right, I try that and if the names and columns
> >are uppercase then ODBC behave fine
> >now my next question is, I already have bunch of tables in MS Access
> >which are not Uppercase and I need to tranfer them to Oracle without
> >the extra " charachter. Any thought to make all those tables and
> >columns uppercase at once or any other solution? Thanks again
>
> Could probably be arranged by coding it in Access Basic (or whatever
> it is called now) using DAO (or whatever it is called now), but my
> Access Basic is really rusty.
> On the Oracle side you'll probably can use dbms_redefinition, but I
> have never had to use that myself.
>
> Please do not top post.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Here is a snippet. You will have to figure out how to exclude system tables:

Public Sub setColumnNamesUpper()

    Dim dbs As Database
    Dim tdf As TableDef
    Dim fld As Field

    Set dbs = CurrentDb

    For Each tdf In dbs.TableDefs

        For Each fld In tdf.Fields
            fld.name = UCase(fld.name)
        Next fld

    Next tdf

End Sub Received on Tue Sep 19 2006 - 16:25:58 CDT