Advanced Security

From: Evan <eehrenh_at_emory.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:07:37 -0400

I am looking for opinions on ASO.
We have Oracle (9.2.0.6-9.2.0.8, 10.2.0.2) There are hundreds of users accessing the database from Windows boxes. There are five app servers accessing the database from UNIX boxes.

There is a firewall around the entire site, but "non-trusted" staff/temps/etc. have access to core machines.

The databases may contain sensitive data related to SSN/Credit Card, FURPA and HIPPA laws.

How important is ASO for our environment? What are the risks?
Can you (I) make a case to install it on all machines? Received on Mon Sep 11 2006 - 13:07:37 CDT