Re: No more Oracle Standard Edition for VMS

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:50:44 +0200

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:46:27 GMT, winston_at_SSRL.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (Alan Winston - SSRL Central Computing) wrote:

>Bob, I think your inflammatory accusation of "a lie" is based on a misreading.
>I belive Sybrand is saying that he won't be surprised if _Oracle_ de

Which was exactly what I was saying.
Who is using Oracle on OpenVMS? Pretty few. And the list of Oracle 9i EE options NOT available on OpenVMS is pretty long.
What is more: Oracle recommends replacing OpenVMS by Linux. The future of Oracle on OpenVMS is pretty dim.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA