Re: No more Oracle Standard Edition for VMS

From: Doug Phillips <dphill46_at_netscape.net>
Date: 23 Aug 2006 14:48:11 -0700

Larry Kilgallen wrote:
> In article <1156352001.425216.237320_at_p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>, "Doug Phillips" <dphill46_at_netscape.net> writes:
>
> > I wonder what most Sybase customers did?
>
> I don't know about "most", but "some" of them are still running Sybase
> on VMS, and advertising for staff from time to time.

Indeed. As is the case with many no longer sold/supported products. The "do nothing" option is valid until need exceeds capability, or unless organization policy requires product currency. The "do nothing" option is available to current happy and static Oracle SE (or any product) users regardless of what Oracle (or any product supplier) does.

Reading the OP it didn't seem like "do nothing" was an option.

 -Doug Received on Wed Aug 23 2006 - 16:48:11 CDT