Re: Corrupt current redo log file

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:09:18 -0700

hpuxrac wrote:
> You really don't have much of a clue about "what kind of employee" this
> person is or the amount of relevant experience they have.

You are correct. What I do know is that that "warm body" has been put into a situation where, without proper resources, he could make a horrible mess of things.

Can you justify, in any circumstance, giving someone SYS or DBA and not the tools to make sure they can do a good job of keeping a system up and safe? Perhaps I have a very limited imagination but I can't.

My first concern is one of the employer's most valuable assets: Their data. This puts it at risk.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington