Re: Corrupt current redo log file

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 18 Aug 2006 10:24:36 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:
> > You really don't have much of a clue about "what kind of employee" this
> > person is or the amount of relevant experience they have.
>
> You are correct. What I do know is that that "warm body" has been put
> into a situation where, without proper resources, he could make a
> horrible mess of things.

The only thing the OP said was they were working on a test system. How do you know what kind of valuable data if any exists there without asking?

You apparently assume that this person has access as a DBA to production systems. Again this is something that you apparently infer without asking.

> Can you justify, in any circumstance, giving someone SYS or DBA and not
> the tools to make sure they can do a good job of keeping a system up and
> safe? Perhaps I have a very limited imagination but I can't.

Whatever.

> My first concern is one of the employer's most valuable assets: Their
> data. This puts it at risk.

You are guessing and still haven't apparently asked the OP relevant questions. Not exactly surprised. Received on Fri Aug 18 2006 - 12:24:36 CDT