Re: Corrupt current redo log file

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 18 Aug 2006 05:54:43 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:
> > DA Morgan wrote:
> >> 1. Don't top post.
> >> 2. Work on your resume. Any organization that will let a database go
> >> down and then not get a metalink account for someone until they've been
> >> in pain for 6 months is not an employer you want to stay with.
> >
> > Some places hire people that may not be there very long. Some places
> > do not give immediate access to metalink.
> >
> > It's a test system that he apparently shot a hole in.
>
> I'm not saying there are no organizations with thinking so muddled but a
> metalink administrator can create and drop access accounts on-the-fly.
>
> If I have someone working on a project what do I gain by saying "here is
> access to my data and databases but I am going to deny you access to a
> valuable resource until you've been here 6 months and proven you don't
> need it."
>
> Does anyone work in a shop that thinks this way? I'm interested.

You really don't have much of a clue about "what kind of employee" this person is or the amount of relevant experience they have.

Perhaps he is a "warm body" contracting/temping or even an intern. Maybe there is some valid reason why access has not been given to this person ... or maybe not.

Instead of your attempts at waxing poetically why don't you go back to the OP and get some relevant information? Received on Fri Aug 18 2006 - 07:54:43 CDT