Re: Noob Oracle Question

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:49:13 -0700

CJM wrote:

>>> Select * from IFSAPP.MyTable;
>> You solved a problem by gutting security? Why? Does your employer
>> understand the implications of what you did? Do you?
>>

> I solved the problem. I may or may not have created another potential
> problem.

Not may or may not: MAY!

Will your next technical solution be something like this?

GRANT dba TO public;

Because that is essentially the tack you have taken.

> If my employer understood the implications of anything, I wouldn't be
> attempting this at short notice with no preparation or training.

There is something called fiduciary duty that you should read up on. You, as an employee, have a legal, moral, and ethical responsibility and duty to do no harm. That is not what you have done.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington