Re: Oracle 10g enterprise on windows xp pro - startup problems from time to time?

From: mathias.ringhof <mathias.ringhof_at_googlemail.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2006 23:29:30 -0700

Incompetent regarding oracle databases? Of course, that's why I'm asking my questions here! Ignorant? If that were the case I would blame Oracle instead of myself. I'm new to oracle, and I have to get a JSF project completed in time. As this project will be running on Oracle AS and DB I tried to setup this environment here in my office. Worked perfectly in my virtual machine, on my "real" server (old desktop athlon) it doesn't work all that well. I don't know why, and I didn't find anything that would help in the documentation (I'm sure it's there, but hey, it's about 450mb of data!) - again, that's why I was asking, in a polite manner I think, what _I_ might be doing wrong and where to start _looking_ for a solution. I'm neither whining nor telling that sql servers a better product nor do I know anything about some evil empire (for real, thats childs play - expected a bit more of someone who calls himself senior something). Btw, the windows (yeah, evil os, I know, but I don't have time to learn linux atm) system is fresh & clean. It was installed on the same day as oracle, just every windows update installed.

So again, if anyone's willing to point me into a direction I would really appreciate it. :)