Re: Connection problem through sqlplus

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 04:59:56 GMT

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:32:07 -0700, Anoop wrote:

> I have 2 instances of oracle installed on my solaris box. The oracle
> versions are 10g and 9i.
>
> I hardly use the 10g and have 4 databases configured on 9i.

Please clarify my confusion:

  You state you have two instances, one being the 10g.

  Therefore you have one 9i instance. And you have four 9i databases.

  But an instance can only be associated to one database at a time.

Are you stating that you have three of the four 9i databases shutdown at all times? Or is it simply a mis-use of the terms instance and database.

If the former, that may have an impact on your problem.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!