Re: Connection problem through sqlplus

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 04:54:22 GMT

> ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
>
> TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name

Just to verify ... how many listeners do you have running?

This should not be a problem in your case, but you mention you have 2 ORACLE_HOMEs and you appear to use manual registration of your instances. Therefore, if you happen to be using the 10g listener and have not updated it's listener.ora, you could be running into a problem.

However - the 12154 usually indicates a problem in the TNSNAMES.ORA (or client side) resolution.

Makes one wonder whether you happen to have multiple tnsnames.ora on the machine.

Also, have you checked, or tried recreating the entry, using netmgr?

Finally - does the listener recognize the service? When you do 'lsnrctl status' or 'lsnrctl services', does the remtst service get listed?

I note you are using fairly long aliases (c1rem, c1remtst ...). Due to a string compare bug (way back when) I had gotten into the habit of putting the longer names first in the tnsnames.ora file. (I have a vague memory of the compare happening only to the length of the shortest string.) That is probably not the problem, just an observation ...

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!