Re: ORA-1654 , Oracle asking for very large extent

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <dradoulov_at__gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:15:34 +0200

[...]
> Something seems amiss...There is 7GB of free space in the tablespace. The
> max extent allocated with AUTOALLOCATE is 8MB.
[...]

See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/ch_08.html Autoallocated Tablespaces

Regards
Dimitre

P.S. I found an explanation for the oracle autoallocate algorithm in the Sybex Oracle 10g Administration I Study Guide too, but I don't know where the information is comming from and if it's reliable. Received on Mon Jul 31 2006 - 11:15:34 CDT