Re: Date format in Alert file

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2006 07:50:11 -0700

amelnikov_at_lins-m.ru wrote:
> sybrandb wrote:
> > amelnikov_at_lins-m.ru wrote:
> > > Please tell me where can I change date format in Oracle Alert file
> > > (alert_%SID%.log)?
> > > (By default it's something like 'Dy Mon dd hh24:mi:ss yyyy')
> >
> > I don't think you can.
> >
> > --
> > Sybrand Bakker
> > Senior Oracle DBA
>
> But I saw dates in alert file in different formats:
>
> 27-MAY-2003 23:30:20.02:
> Errors in file
> DSA10:[RDBMS92.ADMIN.CLRN.UDUMP]WALTZ_ASBR_FG_ORACLE_042.TRC;:
> ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [1402], [3], [], [], [], [],
> [], []

But you cannot specify the format used in the Alert log. There is no published parameter for this nor am I aware of an undocumentated parameter for this. It is possible that an Oracle error handling routine might dump out data that includes a timestamp in a different format. But that is not something under your control.

"Mon Jul 17 14:28:10 2006" is the format in our alert logs.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Jul 27 2006 - 09:50:11 CDT