Re: Insufficient privileges error when connecting via /nolog?

From: <mwsenecal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2006 07:44:01 -0700

Sorry, I banged that post out in a hurry.

I'm using Oracle 9. I'm attempting to connect to it this way:

  sqlplus /nolog

...no problems here...

  connect /@<<DB_NAME>> as sysdba

And this is where error "ORA-01030: insufficient privileges" is thrown. This is the first time I've ever seen this problem. Like I said in my original post, the account I'm using is already in the ORA_DBA group. Received on Thu Jul 27 2006 - 09:44:01 CDT