Re: two questions about authentication,can some kind hearted friends help me

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:24:48 +0200

ldd600_at_163.com schreef:
> thanks
> I have two questions about authentication:
> 1.how do the clients transmit the identifier to Oracle before logon
> 2.After logon Oracle,how can I lock some privileges or roles of this
> user instead of revoking the roles?

How? Via a wire.
Unencrypted, I think you want to know, until recent versions. You can of course enable encryption via SQL*Net.

Define "lock privileges". Do you want this user locked out from certain privs? No - revoke the role. Maybe you should not enable the role by default, and let the application do that

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...