Re: Advanced Replication and Streams WAN performance

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:21:21 +0200

Brian Sherman schreef:
> We have a mature 5-way multi-master Advanced Replication environment.
> This is an OLTP system supporting distributed call centers and
> replicates 3000 calls per minute at peak times. We are converting to a
> new application architecture which will push much more data across
> replication. WAN bandwidth is our current limiting factor. Can Streams
> be configured in a way that would put less load on the WAN than
> Advanced Replication?

Streams == Advanced Replication; what reduction? Streams is more advanced (it does support more datatypes and different cases), so undoubtedly it will use more bandwidth.

I fail to see Streams choking a WAN, though, unless there are 64kbps lines in the middle... I tend to think WANs are LANs, but stretched.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...