Re: two questions about authentication,can some kind hearted friends help me

From: <ldd600_at_163.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2006 20:14:54 -0700

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> ldd600_at_163.com schreef:
> > thanks
> > I have two questions about authentication:
> > 1.how do the clients transmit the identifier to Oracle before logon
> > 2.After logon Oracle,how can I lock some privileges or roles of this
> > user instead of revoking the roles?
> >
> How? Via a wire.
> Unencrypted, I think you want to know, until recent versions.
> You can of course enable encryption via SQL*Net.
>
> Define "lock privileges". Do you want this user locked out
> from certain privs? No - revoke the role.
> Maybe you should not enable the role by default, and let
> the application do that
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel
>
> Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

thanks
May I use the "set role role1,role2 " or "dbms_session.set_role" to lock the other roles
except role1,role2.

I can't quite catch your answer to the first quesiton. The point of my question don't lie
on the encryption. I want to transmit client identifier such as ic card's number to the oracle database before the logon trigger is invoked Received on Wed Jul 19 2006 - 22:14:54 CDT