Re: Alert File Errors

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2006 01:36:25 -0700

peter wrote:
> Hello DBAs,
>
> Please tell me, which errors can come in Alert File ( daily problems ),
> atleast ora-XXXX numbers excluding ora-1555 and ora-00600. Or any site
> where I can get alert file errors.
>
> Thank You

The most usual are those space-related (1650, 1652-55, a few others in 16xx range and 323x range,) 7445 (unhandled exception, core dump), 1631 and 1632 (max # of extents reached...,) 12012 (job failed.) You will want to watch for SMON and PMON messages as well (these are usually critical and mean that the instance was aborted due to an unrecoverable or potentially damaging error.) I rarely seen other errors in alert file, though I'm being bothered with some obscure TNS error lately, which I currently attribute to mod_plsql connection pooling bug, but not completely sure about its origin still.

Hth,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Sun Jul 16 2006 - 03:36:25 CDT