Re: random records OT

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:33:59 +0200

DA Morgan schreef:
> Matthias Hoys wrote:

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

>> Frank, you are not trying to say that Chimay is from The Netherlands,
>> right ? :-)
>> But i'm glad my northern neighbours like our Belgian beer :-p

No, of course not - did I suggest that anywhere? Just talking about the weather, which is non-dutch, to say the least. We do brew some decent beers over here, but not as good as in Belgium, or Germany.

>> For the Americans : Belgium and The Netherlands are 2 different
>> countries and Brussels is the capital of Belgium (and NO, Brussels is
>> not a separate country ;-p)

> My ignorance of the locales from where good wine, decent scotch, and
> excellent beers can be found is not as profound as my ignorance of SQL.
>
> Even Americans know the difference between The Netherlands and Belgium.

You're one of the few, probably. Most Americans wouldn't know the difference, as most Europeans wouldn't know the difference between Washington

> Now if we start getting down to Holland and Wallonia that is quite
> another matter entirely.

There you go! Holland is another term for The Netherlands, Wallonia a Belgian area (the French speaking area). Holland is also a (very) small town in Texas

And I forgot to mention the triple...
http://www.chimay.com/en/chimay_triple_219.php

--
Regards,