Re: Metalink doc Note 160451.1

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:52:29 GMT

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 05:43:05 -0700, Gints Plivna wrote:

> Do all of you like to scroll down for zillion already known rows to see
> the alone statement written by next member about a topic you already
> have seen several times?

Hmmmm ... seems there are some assumptions made here (and we all know the defin ition of assume include the phrase "ass-u-me")

The assumptions include:

(assumption is valid for directed email, not valid for news groups or other public forum ... )

(assumption is often valid for top posters and people who do not trim)

I personally read so many newsgroups and newsgroup postings that I do not WANT to remember the topic and much prefer to be able to quickly scan the context before answering.

My observation is that top posters have a specific question and want to get that question answered. Therefore they watch that topic and that question only - as if it is a directed email. I interpret that as showing very little respect, or understanding, of the rest of the community that spends time answering a lot of posts - an "it's all about me" attitude.

Once we have beaten the top posters into submission, we will need to start on those who do not trim.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!