Re: MSSQL to Oracle 9i Query Errors

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:41:22 GMT

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:07:36 -0700, Steve Howard wrote:

> berwiki wrote:
>

>> It doesn't seem to like my char(13) function call, any equivalent or >> suggestions?

A useful trick ... run the command in SQLPlus (which is included with every copy of Oracle - no excuses not to use it) and paste the actual error message.

For equivalent functions, you might want to check http://www.webucator.com/resources/sql/reference.html

> Hi berwiki,
>
> It also won't like your money datatype, as that does not exist in Oracle.

What is this 'money' datatype, anyway???

Does the datatype include the currency and date to allow conversions and formatting, or is it just a kludge of a numeric type? <sigh>

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!