Oracle 10g: Downgrade from Release 2 to Release 1

From: <lutz.wendland_at_web.de>
Date: 5 Jul 2006 05:23:02 -0700

Hello!

I am looking after an application (IMSware) which uses the Oracle database system; we have release 2 of Oracle 10g installed. Now it turns out, that this release is not supported by the application and we have to go back to release 1.

Since my skills with Oracle don't go far beyond the use of the Oracle Universal Installer I'd like to ask the following questions:

  1. Do I have to uninstall the currently installed version prior to installing the other release?
  2. How would I do an unistall? (The OUI does not seem to have an corresponding option, as far as I've seen.) I.e., which directories and which registry entries do I have to remove.

Thanks in advance for any kind of advice!

Lutz Wendland Received on Wed Jul 05 2006 - 07:23:02 CDT