Re: SQL tuning nightmare - db file sequential reads

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 12:17:31 GMT

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 07:00:24 +0200, Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> You don't want anyone to read that information?
> If Oracle turns it into a manual no one will read it!
> How many people here simply never read any manual?

That is their problem, not mine. I am concerned with accessibility of the literature. CBO is rapidly developing software, very complex and poorly documented yet we're all expected to use it. That's meaning of RBO being taken away. RBO was, in contrast, much better documented and there was an Oracle manual, containing the rank list of methods, which told you how did the darned thing work. In other words, those among us who do read manuals should be able to. As an Oracle DBA, I'm not in charge of changing the human nature. It's a job description for a messiah. I'm not a messiah. You're all individuals (Life of Brian).

--
http://www.mgogala.com