Re: HELP - Ideas for Oracle / MS Sql Interface.

From: Johne_uk <edgarj_at_tiscali.co.uk>
Date: 3 Jul 2006 09:06:32 -0700

Thanks for the replies guys. It has actually emerged that the data will flow both ways. From your replies it seems feasible that it would be best to use SQL Server to perform all processing (using ODBC connection with Oracle).

The only show stopper for this is that the SQL Server Database is on a 3rd party server (partner firm) and my company may not wish for the processing to be done at a remote site for security purposes. It could possibly be controlled from the Oracle side using HS ODBC connection to SQL Server (u mention overhead).

However, I take your point about controlling via a shell script as being an unnecessary layer of processing.

Thanks again guys
John Received on Mon Jul 03 2006 - 11:06:32 CDT