Re: Privilege on V$ view for Developers

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 27 Jun 2006 09:20:49 -0700

meathammer wrote:
> what V$ views should an Oracle developer have SELECT privilege on ?
>
> v$process, v$session. v$version...what else ?
>
> thanks

It really depends on what they're trying to achieve. As a rule of thumb, only grant privileges as they are needed.

If I was in your position, I would probably created a DEV role in the database and grant SELECT on any required tables to that role when they are identified as being genuinely needed.

HTH -g Received on Tue Jun 27 2006 - 11:20:49 CDT