Re: New Option Packs after Update from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2 ???

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Jun 2006 08:54:15 -0700

Karl Bach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have a little understanding problem how Oracle handles his Patch Sets.
>
> First i have installed a Oracle 10.1.0.1 Enterprise Edition Database on my
> Solaris 9 Sparc Server. Explicitly i have selected only one Option Pack:
> The Partitioning Option.
>
> Then i istalled the actually Patch Set 10.2.0.2.
>
> At next i begin create a database. After creation the new database works
> fine.
> But when i get a Database-Report in the Enterprise Manager, it says i have
> installed the following options:
>
> * Data Mining
> * Intermedia
> * OLAP
> * Spatial
> * Text
> * XML DB
>
> The Install overview in the Oracle Installer says, basicly i have
> installed only the partitioning option. In the Patchset-Installation i
> can't see what exactly is patched.
>
> But from my understanding - Patch sets should only patch installed
> Programs/Features - not Features where are not installed.
>
> Did anyone see the same effects while patching Oracle?
> What can i do to solve that little problem?
>
> Many thanks for helping and solly my bad english.

All listed options are Enterprise Edition options that do not require separate licensing and thus are installed as part of EE install. Partitioning is an option to EE and needs separate license, thus it has separate choice in OUI.

Hth,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Wed Jun 21 2006 - 10:54:15 CDT