New Option Packs after Update from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2 ???

From: Karl Bach <kbach_at_hotmail.de>
Date: 21 Jun 2006 07:20:02 -0500

Hello,

i have a little understanding problem how Oracle handles his Patch Sets.

First i have installed a Oracle 10.1.0.1 Enterprise Edition Database on my Solaris 9 Sparc Server. Explicitly i have selected only one Option Pack: The Partitioning Option.

Then i istalled the actually Patch Set 10.2.0.2.

At next i begin create a database. After creation the new database works fine.
But when i get a Database-Report in the Enterprise Manager, it says i have installed the following options:

The Install overview in the Oracle Installer says, basicly i have installed only the partitioning option. In the Patchset-Installation i can't see what exactly is patched.

But from my understanding - Patch sets should only patch installed Programs/Features - not Features where are not installed.

Did anyone see the same effects while patching Oracle? What can i do to solve that little problem?

Many thanks for helping and solly my bad english.

Karl Received on Wed Jun 21 2006 - 07:20:02 CDT