10gR2 RAC: Mirroring OCR and voting disks

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 12:22:28 -0700

Hey all,

System:
10.2.0.2.0
RHEL4
2 node rac
Two individual iSCSI storage arrays connected via HBA.

I've perused the documentation but I can't find any mention of what I need.

As you know, or may not know, with 10.2 you Oracle now mirror the OCR ( 2 copies ) and voting disks (VD) (at least 3 copies to be effective).

Testing shows that if even one of the OCR / VD mirrors becomes lost (plugging out one of the arrays) the node loosing the mirror restarts, and in my case, both nodes restart.

Is this so? Is it stated in the documentation?

--
Andreas
Oracle 9i Certified Professional

"If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?!"
--- WARNING: DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL Reply to me only on this newsgroup