ORACLE 9i - memory usage

From: Dave <dadomontenovi_at_yahoo.it>
Date: 29 May 2006 08:44:12 -0700

Hi,

I am facing memory issues related to an instance Oracle 9i running on hpux 11.11.
In this box actually I have 14 db up and running and I am almost out of memory.

One of these db has been configured to have SGA_MAX_SIZE=20Gb and SGA=7,5Gb (sum of SHARED_POOL_SIZE, DB_CACHE_SIZE, DB_KEEP_CACHE_SIZE, DB_RECYCLE_CACHE_SIZE, LOG_BUFFER, JAVA_POOL_SIZE, LARGE_POOL_SIZE). What I am trying to understand is:
did the instance allocate 20 Gb during the startup and is it now using 7,5 Gb ?
Did it allocate only 7,5Gb but it would accept to increase parameters until 20 Gb?

How can I calculate the actual memory allocation and memory consumption of this instance?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you in advance and Best Regards,

Dave Received on Mon May 29 2006 - 10:44:12 CDT