Re: How to increase MAX extent size in a tablespace?

From: <jshen.cad_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 May 2006 09:36:06 -0700

I'm sorry that I do not explain my situation clearly. In my situation, one of business system run on Oracle8. One of the database is created with extent size 20MB. I checked the DB state with "select tablespace_name,sum(blocks), max(blocks) from dba_free_space group by tablespace_name;". The result looks like:

TABLESPACE_NAME                SUM(BLOCKS) MAX(BLOCKS)
TEMP00                                                3250479
463359

the extent size is the value returned by "max(blocks)". I'd like to increase that value manually. Received on Mon May 29 2006 - 11:36:06 CDT