Oracle 9i - Putty - tnsping works - connection does not!

From: <davidhbigelow_at_simplifiedlogic.com>
Date: 6 May 2006 20:09:35 -0700

Could I be the ONLY one in the world trying to do this? (I hope not).

I want to connect to a remote machine over ssh using Putty. This is the only way I can communicate with the machine).

The remote machine is setup as follows:
Listener IS RUNNING:
Port 1521

Local Machine:
hosts file --> 127.0.0.1 <remotemachinename>

Putty Configuration:
Listen: 1500
Pass to: <remotemachineIPaddress>:1521

tnsping WORKS!!!!

Connection to remote database does NOT...

Yes - the local TNSNAMES file points to 1500 -- the tnsping would not work without that.

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS!?!?!?! I am running Oracle 9i.

Please e-mail me directly if possible:
david<remove>h<remove>bigelow_at_simplifiedlogic.com

Thanks!!!

Dave Received on Sat May 06 2006 - 22:09:35 CDT