Re: Poor Performance on Oracle9i - 9.2.0.7

From: eavanzi <eavanzi_at_romi.com.br>
Date: 6 May 2006 19:21:26 -0700

Hi, Bob.
I have flushed the shared pool but it is not resolving the problem. I have observed the performance is a little better from 07:00am until 11:30am. It is more poor from 14:00pm until 17:00pm. The system goes being slower, slower, slower, ..., then I shutdown the database and start the database again and the performance is better. Then the system goes being slower, slower, slower, ....

Hi, Remigiusz.
My Operating System is Solaris 2.6 and it is not allowing the SGA can be greater than 2,78GB. :-(
We are intending upgrade from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 9 in the next days, then I will be able to set the SGA to another value. I have 350 active Oracle Applications users. The values that you are suggesting are to 2,000 users or more. db_cache_size = 6G
shared_pool_size = 3G
pga_aggregate_target = 15G
It will be that using a SGA too large the performance could be improved?
Why the parameters shared_pool_size and shared_pool_reserved_size are noted as N/A to 101-500 users in the Note:216205.1?? Do I need to remove these parameters in the init.ora ?? About the filesystems. I use the Veritas Volume Manager and RAID 5 (in hardware).
When it will be Solaris 9 I will use the Solaris Volume Manager and RAID 5 (in hardware).

Hi, Vladimir.
>2) remove event 10235...

Answer: The event 10235 was recommeded by Oracle Support because we had many ORA-0600 errors.
>3) session_cached_cursors of 4000 seems a bit too much, what was the reason for bumping it so high?
Answer: It was the value that I used in 8.1.7.4
>4) How were the pools configured prior to migration? Specifically, what were the shared pool and the buffer cache sizes?
Answer: I need to check these values. At the moment (Saturday) I am in my house. At Monday I will check them for you.

This performance problem is sinking me!! I need all help than is possible!!
Thanks for all. Received on Sat May 06 2006 - 21:21:26 CDT