Re: 8.1.7.4 standby database - missing some log files???

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Apr 2006 13:31:09 -0700

>Which is not exactly the purpose of a standby database.

I dunno about that. I have not discovered these restrictions yet, but it's stated right at the top of the Oracle docs that one of the main purposes of a standby is to act as a reporting database. it also says, as to the 3 modes (Managed Recovery, Manual Recovery and Read Only) - "you can switch back and forth between the modes at will."

If my process is simply flawed, then that's fine - I'll fix my process as I understand more about how it works. But if you're saying that standby is not really supposed to be _used_ for reporting in the way I'm trying to make it work - well, that's not consistent with the docs I'm reading. Received on Thu Apr 27 2006 - 15:31:09 CDT