Re: 8.1.7.4 standby database - missing some log files???

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 22:04:49 +0200

On 27 Apr 2006 11:19:33 -0700, "BD" <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>My goal is to create a read-only reporting database, which will be put
>into recovery mode a few times a day, to catch up on logs generated
>from the master.

Which is not exactly the purpose of a standby database. If you read the docs carefully you will notice there are so many restrictions to a readonly standby database,you would better setup two standby databases. Any attempt to hack yourself out (which is apparently what you are trying to do) is doomed to fail.

You would be better off using advanced replication

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA