Re: RMAN via NetBackup or Oracle Enterprise Manager/ Grid Control?

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:56:50 GMT

> What I'm planning on doing is doing RMAN backup-to-disk within
> Enterprise Manager/Grid Control and then have NetBackup just back up the
> backup files on disk.

If I was just going a RMAN backup to disk, my instincts tell me to just schedule this in OEM. But you will have to ensure that you have enough lag time to get the backup done before NetBackup picks it up. That being said, in a Legato/RMAN solution I implemented, I let Legato start my RMAN backup and then have Legato backup my RMAN backup sets to tape right after my RMAN backup was done. This way, it is a continuous operation.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net