Re: How to Create Local Temporary Table

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:59:47 +0200

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:39:03 -0400, Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com> wrote:

>> Now that Microsoft has attempted to clone the Oracle MVCC model I
>> expect we will begin to see the use of temp tables disappear. Albeit
>> slowly since Microsoft customers generally don't read docs.
>I doubt it.

As you are, as a DB2 advocate, lurking in this Oracle forum, don't you notice how often people don't read the docs? Please find out how often people ask about ora-12154 or ora-12514 and you'll know Daniel is right.
Once you have used products from the Evil Empire, you can only click, you get lazy, and loose the ability to read and/or to type, except for asking FAQs *yet again* in this forum.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA