Re: Oracle express and polish charset

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 20 Apr 2006 11:24:57 GMT

t0x3e8 <tony1000_at_go2.pl> wrote:
> I got a small problem. I have to install Oracle Database Express 10g. I
> have done it and everything works fine, but when I want to import the
> old database from Oracle 10g, I got warnings during import that
> "row rejected due to Oracle Error 12899
> value too large for column "AAA"."BBB"."Surname" (actual 41. maximum
> 40)"
> this king of message shows couple times (to much)

The 10g database you created and into which you want to import, which database character set does it have? A Unicode character set? You could create the new databae with a single byte character set instead, optimally with the same one as the old database.

Another approach is to identify the tables that cause the problem and manually create them in the new database before you import, taking care that you define the columns with length semantics CHAR.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 06:24:57 CDT