Oracle express and polish charset

From: t0x3e8 <tony1000_at_go2.pl>
Date: 20 Apr 2006 02:03:55 -0700

Hi

I got a small problem. I have to install Oracle Database Express 10g. I have done it and everything works fine, but when I want to import the old database from Oracle 10g, I got warnings during import that "row rejected due to Oracle Error 12899
value too large for column "AAA"."BBB"."Surname" (actual 41. maximum 40)"
this king of message shows couple times (to much)

So I think it means that the old char was a polish char like 's' and oracle used different charset which took more place the normally 2 bait.
So at the begging of importing I notice that there is something like that:
import done in EE8ISO8859P2 character set and AL16UTF16 NChar character set
import server uses AL32UTF8 character set (possible charset conversion)

export client uses EE8MSWIN1250 character set (possible charset conversion)

I have tried to change NLS_LANG for EE8MSWIN1250 but i did not work. So what can I do to fix it??
Can I use imp or exp command with the specific charset ?? How can I put my date there without losing data ??

Thank you
Bye Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 04:03:55 CDT