Re: Oracle scans table with "WHERE (1=0)"?

From: Herod <herodt_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2006 06:28:29 -0700

Yes, sorry all.

If you want you can check some of my other posts where I have complained, I have noticed sometimes as in this time there are literally days
between when I post and when the post gets applied. And sometimes as many as 5 copies of my post, or my post never shows up. I have been using forte, but I do not blame the software, I feel it is the new server (free) that I am using. Suggestions for another server?  I will give thunderbird a try. Until I find out what the problem is, I will use googles web interface.

>Hi all. I had a customer report that the query below
>scans the table. Can that be true, that Oracle doesn't
>realize during construction of the query plan that
>the search argument will never be satisfied?

Is the message I was replying to (the original) and I replied on the 7th.
Long before the rest of the posts showed up.

Not 100% true meant that yes, it "looks" like a FTS is done according to the plan
but in reality is isn't.

I have since then posted a complete set of test results based on test script built by Jonathan Lewis on my blog for all versions of the oracle DB I have available to me - 7 through 10XE.

Sorry for the confusion to all.

http://yaodba.blogspot.com Received on Mon Apr 17 2006 - 08:28:29 CDT