Oracle client

From: Mark <markg0001_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2006 06:25:28 -0700

Hi, I have two computers.

I have just downloaded Oracle 10.2 XE for Debian x86 and installed it. I can connect to the database instance using SQLPlus and everything is working.

My second computer is also Debian x86. I want to install SQLPlus and connect to the instance on the first computer. This is my development computer, the other one is the server where I have tomcat, Oracle etc installed. From reading the documentation it appears I should install "Oracle client".

The URL I am using is

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/htdocs/10201linuxsoft.html

but just to get SQLPlus I have to download and install just under 1/2GB!

10201_client_linux32.zip (478,343,213 bytes) (cksum - 579193942)

I have searched and cannot find a more reasonable download size for these small applications. Could someone post a URL, surely 1/2GB just to connect to Oracle can't be right.

Thank you and sorry my first post to this group is asking for help.

Mark Garrard
Oracle home user
Reading
UK Received on Mon Apr 17 2006 - 08:25:28 CDT