Re: Oracle client

From: Thomas Kellerer <WVIJEVPANEHT_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:38:22 +0200

Mark wrote on 17.04.2006 15:25:
> I have searched and cannot find a more reasonable download size for
> these small applications. Could someone post a URL, surely 1/2GB just
> to connect to Oracle can't be right.
>
> Thank you and sorry my first post to this group is asking for help.

Have you tried

Instant Client Package - Basic (or Basic Lite depending on the character sets you are using)

plus

Instant Client Package - SQL*Plus

from
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/htdocs/linuxsoft.html

should be enough. Haven't tried it though

Regards
Thomas Received on Mon Apr 17 2006 - 08:38:22 CDT