Re: PING: Dan Morgan - re. PSOUG training

From: <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2006 06:39:39 -0700

<<
> There is already lots of good detailed documentation from oracle on how
> to setup RAC clusters on all the different hardware and vendor os
> combinations.

And you believe that information is sufficient to successfully design, build, deploy, debug, and tune RAC clusters for production environments?
ROFL ... Sorry ... ROFL ... Sorry. >>

It must be, by definition. I did it, 13 months ago. As has been noted on this thread *multiple* times, people learn in different ways. I don't *need* to come to a training class such as yours to effectively build a production environment of any type. As noted, I used those instructions you seem to think are so ineffective to teach myself at home, and three months later built our first two node 550GB RAC on SAN storage. And yes, I have expanded it to four nodes since then, and it was just as easy as Oracle suggests.

If people need/benefit from "structured", external training, then that is fine. Whatever is required to effectively grasp the material, and more importantly, apply it, is what should be utilized. But to advocate that it literally cannot be done without such training is beyond insulting.

So you can roll around on the floor laughing all you want...there's a whole world out there going by every day without custom training or input. Received on Thu Apr 13 2006 - 08:39:39 CDT