question on creating LDAP user in OID

From: steve <stevenoyle1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2006 06:46:14 -0700

dn: cn=testuser,cn=Users,dc=mycompany,dc=com userpassword: testuser123
objectclass: top
objectclass: person
cn: testuser
sn: Test Account

After loading the above ldif file into OID, I was not able to log in to OID using the username - "testuser." OID returned with an Invalid Credential error. I have to use the DN string as the username - "cn=testuser,cn=Users,dc=mycompany,dc=com."

To use "testuser" as my login id, do I have to specify an additional attribute? Isn't the attribute "cn: testuser" supposed to specify testuser as my login id?

thanks. Received on Thu Apr 13 2006 - 08:46:14 CDT