Re: PING: Dan Morgan - re. PSOUG training

From: BD <bobby_dread_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2006 08:52:30 -0700

>But to advocate that it literally cannot be done without such training is beyond insulting.

Be insulted if you like - I don't think the training is _necessary_ per se, but to have a dedicated infrastructure which can be used as a sandbox makes a HUGE difference. DBAs who are trying to understand RAC and who don't have a SAN in which to thrash around are way ahead given the lab environment.

Again - I don't proclaim that the training is 100% required to learn _any_ technology; but if you don't agree that the lab context helps immeasurably, then... oh well. Good for you, I guess. Received on Thu Apr 13 2006 - 10:52:30 CDT