maximum # of connections per dispatcher

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:11:49 -0400

Can someone point to a source? I've seen somewhere '1024'.

We are running into some kind of bug where dispatchers are hogging the CPUs, and we are forced to reduce the # of dispatchers. So far reduction from 12 to 4 has more than halved the load on the box, however, we are not running at around 750 connections per dispatcher, and I am a bit afraid of reducing the # further, since we'll get right to that magical # of 1024 connections per dispatcher.

Thanks,
Andrey
We run Oracle 9.2.0.6 on RH4 AMD
remove NSPAM to email Received on Wed Apr 05 2006 - 17:11:49 CDT