Re: maximum # of connections per dispatcher

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 01:02:07 +0200

NetComrade schrieb:
> Can someone point to a source? I've seen somewhere '1024'.
>
> We are running into some kind of bug where dispatchers are hogging the
> CPUs, and we are forced to reduce the # of dispatchers. So far
> reduction from 12 to 4 has more than halved the load on the box,
> however, we are not running at around 750 connections per dispatcher,
> and I am a bit afraid of reducing the # further, since we'll get right
> to that magical # of 1024 connections per dispatcher.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrey
> We run Oracle 9.2.0.6 on RH4 AMD
> remove NSPAM to email

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/network.920/a96580/mts.htm#447191

<quote>
CONNECTIONS (CON or CONN)

Specify the maximum number of network connections to allow for each dispatcher.

The default is operating system specific. For example, 1024 is the default for Solaris Operating System and Windows NT. </quote>

Or - lsnrctl service and you'll see somewhat like Service "ORA101XDB.world" has 1 instance(s).

   Instance "ORA101", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...

     Handler(s):
       "D000" established:0 refused:0 current:0 *max:972* state:ready

Best regards

Maxim Received on Wed Apr 05 2006 - 18:02:07 CDT