Re: 10g ASM Pros and Cons

From: <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2006 06:54:13 -0700

We have been running a 400GB non-RAC database on it for about five months, with no issues. We just migrated a 1.1TB DW to it this past weekend, that is much more active. We are getting the following trace files in bdump, for the database that uses ASM (not the ASM instance itself)...

WARNING:Oracle process running out of OS kernel I/O resources

There are about seven or eight hits on Metalink for it, but no fix. I don't even know if it's related to ASM, but we didn't see it when we were on filesystems. I'll follow up once we get more information.

Regards,

Steve Received on Wed Apr 05 2006 - 08:54:13 CDT