Re: Fraud Attempt Directed At Oracle Developers/DBAs

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 15:52:26 -0800

Chom Noamsky wrote:

>>I have contact Sunday Gabriel Ehindero, Inspector General of Police,
>>Lagos Nigeria (fpro_at_nigeriapolice.org) and passed the information along
>>to him and to the FBI here in the US.

> The Internet and e-mail scam business is one of the biggest industries going
> in Nigeria... the gov't actually supports it... I'm sure the Nigerian police
> will have a good roll on the floor after reading your e-mail.
>
> Just create a filter for your e-mail client and send anything containing the
> words "Nigeria" and "bank" and "money" to the shit heap.

I am a realist who has done business in Nigeria. I fully expect the Nigerian police to knock on this guy's door and ask for their dash money. And if that is as much punishment as can be delivered then I've delivered it.

Beyond that though there is, it appears, an effort by Nigerian federal authorities to clean things up as some countries, notably the US and UK are withholding billions in aide money until they do. Optimism springs forth yet again. ;-)

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org