Re: Oracle RAC for scalability or High Availability only

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:11:52 -0600

On 2006-02-15, hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> If I were you, I would take a long look at the new machines from sun
> specifically the T2000 ( or T1000 ). The T2000 is an 8 core on 1 chip
> machine that has 4 threads per core. ( This gives you out of the box
> what looks like 32 processors ).
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/rmc#welcome_to_the_cmt_era1
>
> The oracle licensing for this is for 2 cpu's only. This might give you
> out of the box the scalability that you need for a while.
>
> Many shops and places just cannot tolerate much if any downtime. RAC

        Dataguard does this too but at a remarkably lower pricetag.

        What RAC promises is seamless failover with ZERO (or negligible) downtime during the failover. If dataguard were just slightly better, a number of shops would have less reason to even consider RAC.

[deletia]

--
	OpenDoc is moot when Apple is your one stop iShop.      |||
				                               / | \

                http://www.usenet.com